Thursday, December 24, 2009

DJ Profile: Dr. A




DJ
: Dr. A

Hometown: Staten Island, NY

Favorite Bands: Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, Brand New, Matisyahu, Kevin Devine

Hobbies: Writing, Snowboarding, Guitar, Photography, Stumble Upon.

Favorite WSOU Experience: It was a long 12-3 am shift. A Marine called me up and told me how much he loved the station and his girlfriend. Him and his girlfriend have been listening to the station for years. He's being shipped off to the Middle East in a few months and he asked me if I would propose to his girlfriend on air from him. They have been dating for four years. At first I thought it was a joke. As I listened to him further, I realized he was serious. So I did it. On live radio. She called in, and she said yes. She was soo incredibly happy. Then, there were about 20 callers who dedicated songs to them and their own significant others. I always knew this radio station was unique, but I really saw our influence on people as sappy as that might read. The combination of love and music was terrific. I have never even seen this couple in person.

About: I've taken four semesters of German and I can barely speak a sentence in it. Besides that, I can eat like a mammoth. Furthermore, I am obsessed with vinyl lately. When I graduate from SHU, I want to help people. That means I will probably end up being a journalist, lawyer, or professional volunteer. I would like to travel the world with you. WSOU is an awesome community to be a part of. It's given me really cool opportunities to report news, influence via music, meet bands, and party with staff at Cryans.


(Up next: Stigz -- to see all of our DJ profiles, check out WSOU.net!)


HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM EVERYONE AT WSOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment