Monday, March 28, 2011

Glassjaw, Starland Ballroom, 03.26.2011

WSOU's MoJo JoJo and friend with Glassjaw

Another sold out show at Starland Ballroom, but this wasn’t just any show--it was a GLASSJAW
SHOW! When I heard that not only was Glassjaw recording new music but was also going to be headlining a tour, I went crazy. Glassjaw is a band that I listened to when I was younger, lost track of, and now have rediscovered.

Now that they're back, I was hesitant about how they would be live, but let me tell you, this band hasn’t missed a beat. They were amazing, playing just about every song I wanted to hear plus a great mix of new songs, including "You Think You’re (John F*cking Lennon)," "Tip your Bartender," "Ape Dos Mil," "The Gillette Cavalcade of Sports," "All Good Junkies Go To Heaven," "El Mark," and "Two Tabs Of Mescaline," just to name a few songs that were played in their close to two hour set.

It’s incredible to see Glassjaw out there killing it like they should be, with that much energy and a real passion for the music they make. You can tell they love every moment of playing music for their fans. They were super nice guys to meet and talk to after the show and were super excited to know that WSOU still plays Glassjaw. I hope Glassjaw continues to tour and make music, because they are so important to the music scene.

Thanks so much to Alex who works with Glassjaw for making this all possible.

- MoJo JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment