Saturday, December 18, 2010

Miss May I, School of Rock, 11.26.2010


Upon arriving at the School of Rock, I was a bit more excited than usual. On this night I had to make a decision; I was either going to attend a Bring Me The Horizon show, or I was going to go see Miss May I at the School of Rock and meet the guys before the show. Of course I was going to go to the Miss May I show, since I think I can say I’ve kind of seen them evolve, from playing a side stage at the Bamboozle festival, to opening and touring with The Devil Wears Prada, to headlining their own U.S. tour.

This is another band that has yet to disappoint. I like every song I’ve heard from them, and their live show is just pure energy. From start to finish there was never a dull moment for theses guys. Levi Benton is quickly becoming one of my favorite frontmen in heavy music theses days. Jumping all around stage and putting everything he had into that one show really speaks volumes about what this band wants to do. There’ s no flash of glam with this band--all they want to do is play music they love and have a great time doing it. With two studio albums under their belt they played variety of songs and every one sounded great. But when they band played the songs “Relentless Chaos” and “ Forgive & Forget” I though they were going to bring the house down. It’ s been a while since I’ve seen a crowed react they way they did for these two songs; it really was an awesome sight. Miss May I is definitely a band I'll never pass up the chance to see live.

The Miss May I management was great at helping me set up a photo opportunity for the station. I just want to thank them for everything they have done and cannot wait to work with them again.

- MoJo JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment